It’s time for the battle of the year, the battle between the twitter account on cycling. It’s the time of the year to meet the cycling community in the battle for the best account Twitter regarding the cycling.
- Every person can vote for three accounts in the google form module and candidate himself.
- Each account voted takes one point
- The 127 most voted account will go into the final phase
- Nairoingreen is automatically admitted as defending champion and seeded #1
- Accounts eligible are
- Personal accounts
- Fun/meme accounts
- Accounts NOT eligible are
- Corporation accounts (i.e. cyclingnews, cyclingweekly, gcn etc)
- Professional cyclists/teams account
- Big journalists accounts
- Only the accounts that will confirm to us the participation in the tournament after being selected are admitted
- We reserve to exclude without communications accounts that had/have a bad relationship with us or doesn’t match the requirements to be in the tournament.
- We decide if one account is to be considered big.
- Accounts will be inserted in a knock-out table according to the votes they got in round 1. Top 15 + Nairoingreen got seeded, rest will be randomly drawn
- The format of the final phase will be the double elimination: an account will be out from the table only losing twice. At the first loss the account will be moved into the loser table
- The format doesn’t apply to the final, that will be between the winner of the winners bracket and the winner of the losers bracket, on a single game
- The battles will be in polls of 24 hours duration except the final that will last 48 hours
- For each professional cyclist endorsing a candidate (poll quoting AND asking to vote for the candidate) 5 points added to the total of votes percentage will be attributed
- For each World Tour team or Women World Tour team endorsing a candidate (poll quoting AND asking to vote for the candidate) 7 points added to the total of votes percentage will be attributed
- For each ProSeries team account 5 points added to the total of votes percentage will be attributed
- Each account can be endorsed only one from another account during all the duration of the tournament for the bonus, further endorsement can be done but won’t give a bonus.
- It’s up to us to determine if a tweet / quote tweet can be considered an endorsement.
- There is a limit of 3 endorsement per match, 5 in the final.
- Eligible riders and teams are the ones in this list.
- Considering what happened last year, we reserve the right to give penalties in points or exclude from the competition some accounts in case of misbehaviour
- In particular, won’t be tolerated
- Insulting another account
- Insulting our as organizers
- We’ll decide according to the infraction to issue a warning, a penalty points or an exclusion for the account